Harper vs Ignatieff – Education Platform – Elections Canada 2011

Good afternoon students.

40% of Canadian voters have indicated their support for the Conservative government. Yikes. Heaven forbid you be misled and think the other 60% is for Ignatieff. Heck, no. There are those voters who haven’t responded, those who like Layton, those who want to go green and those who will likely spoil their ballot entirely.

This is not good. There are certain campaign promises of Harper’s that sound pretty good. I’m thinking specifically of Pathways to Education for elementary and secondary students but most of Harper’s promises are made on the wind anyway.

Ignatieff impresses me even less. He hasn’t really presented a campaign, at least not one that he’s broken down the numbers on and he hasn’t stated explicitly where the money is coming from. He has suggested big business naturally but I doubt every penny of the 8 billion he proposes for education and day care will come strictly from corporate taxes. Somebody somewhere else is going to take the hit for that. Anyhow he’s bringing back grants for post-secondary students and as wonderful as that sounds, we know students have to be in particularly difficult circumstances to receive them.

Visit the tongue-in-cheek debate if you will, a digital animation penned by yours truly.

video: Harper vs Ignatieff –  Canada General Election 2011 – Education

Advertisements
Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

Comments

  • Upset Person  On April 28, 2011 at 6:11 pm

    Wow, didja really have to put a mean picture of him people? You guys are really rude.

  • teacher  On April 28, 2011 at 9:44 pm

    All’s fair in love and politics. Incidentally I’m not a guy. And you consider that to be a mean picture? Frankly I think his actions create a lot uglier a portrait than any cartoon.

    A shame you aren’t a fan of democracy.

    Good luck with that.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: